Emotional Wellbeing – Is it really all that important?
In two words I am going to answer that for you – HELL YEAH!
Let me tell you why, each of us has three parts to our wellbeing:
Each part needs and deserves equal attention, physical wellbeing receives more attention and is more socially acceptable than emotional and spiritual wellbeing. Yet doesn’t mean it is any more important or vital to your overall wellbeing.
Stress has become a leading cause of disease in the physical body and your emotional wellbeing is a huge factor in managing your stress levels and in turn the Dis-Ease you are experiencing.
There are many ways that you can deal with your stress levels and emotions that DO NOT support your overall wellbeing, for example:
- Distraction techniques such as:
* Emotional Eating
* Drug Use
* Excessive Shopping
These distraction techniques in avoiding dealing with your emotions then have a negative effect on your physical wellbeing. So yes your emotional wellbeing is IMPORTANT!
Let’s talk about ways in which you can make your Emotional Wellbeing an important part of your life.
- LISTEN to your Feelings and ask these questions:
* What are you trying to tell me?
* Where is this feeling coming from?
* What action should I take?
- FEEL your Feelings, just let them come and go without judgement or dissection
- RELEASE your Feelings, let go of the experience that is the cause of the feeling.
To support you in this process I work with clients 1-1 both locally and nationally. Click here to learn more and book your session.