Carers & Special Needs Mums Counselling
Do these describe your experience?
As a Carer and Special Needs Mum myself I have deep insight into the challenges that this role presents.
I know too well that feeling of isolation, where no one around you understands what it is like.
I get that feeling of being invisible because all the focus and attention is on your loved one. Never been asked ‘how are you?”
I also deeply understand exhaustion that is like no other, an exhaustion that sleep can’t even cure.
If this all feels very real to you and aligns with your experience, the first thing I want you to know is:
You Matter Too!
How I can help:
The Next Steps:
My role as a Professional Registered Counsellor is to support you in your all important role as a carer and/or special needs mum. Carer to the Carer if you like, as I said above you matter too.
I understand reaching out for support is no easy task, so I have made the process as simple as possible, ensuring you can receive support whilst still able to fulfil your carer role.
My appointments are flexible to fit into your schedule by offering an online video platform, giving you the opportunity to receive support from the comfort and ease of your home environment.
As a Holistic Counsellor your counselling sessions will be tailored to you, utilising healing modalities that I feel will support you. My approach is person centred therapy, which essentially means it is client led.
Feeling unsure? Why not book a free consultation.
The free online video consultation is an opportunity for us to meet each other and for you to share the challenges you have been experiencing. It is also an opportunity for me to share with you how I can support you.
I offer this complimentary no-obligation session as I feel it is very important that you feel safe and comfortable before commencing counselling and that I am the right fit for you.
Free Online Video Consultation (Zoom Online Secure Platform)
We meet in a secure online video platform called Zoom, allowing us to talk and connect with each other from the comfort of your home. Great thing about Zoom is you can access it from anywhere you have a device, such as mobile phone, ipad or laptop without the need to download any software.
This obligation free session gives you the opportunity to feel into whether I am the right therapist for you and if so we will set your intentions and goals for your first 4 sessions and get you booked into a day and time that suits your schedule.
Why engage in Counselling?
- You need a non-judgemental space to share your story
- You are struggling to cope with the heaviness that comes with been a carer and/or special needs mum
- You need support to process your grief surrounding your child’s diagnosis
- You want to learn new coping strategies to manage your stress and/or anxiety symptoms
- You are having trouble coping with your emotions and need support to regulate your emotions
- You are feeling burned out and need support with strategies to manage compassion burn out.
- You are feeling isolated and need someone to talk to who understands the journey of a carer and/or special needs mum
Feeling safe, heard and understood within a therapeutic relationship is attributed to more than 70% of achieving therapeutic goals and change, it’s important to connect with the right counsellor and experience a high-quality therapeutic service.
Book a free video consultation with me so that you can decide if I am the right fit for you.
It Is Time For You!
How can working with you help me?
In working with many carers and/or special needs mums what I have noticed is the heaviness of the role reduces your capacity to cope with day-to-day life. My intention for you is to feel supported, less alone, less isolated, reduce the feeling of been invisible and increase your capacity to cope with the ups and downs of your experience.
Your experience is unique and together we will find what it is you need, I provide a safe space for you to start to share your unique experience and challenges.
You may experience:
- Increased capacity to cope with your day to day challenges
- Feeling lighter and calmer
- Learning new coping strategies
- Building a deeper connection with yourself through mind and body work
- Unlocking what happiness feels like and looks like for you